This year’s AGM took place in Paris along with meetings of the Standards Board, Professional Board, and a highly interactive Advisory Forum who arranged a number of interesting seminars and roundtable discussions. There was a very positive and constructive atmosphere as professionals from across the world came together to further the valuation profession.
The Chair, Sir David Tweedie, has been appointed for a further term of three years, and the new approach for the IVSC was unanimously accepted at the AGM. The new strategy will soon be available on the IVSC website. We look forward to working together to bring the profession closer across the world with a focus on quality, confidence and recognition of IVS.
We are putting together a Nominating Committee with representatives from the Trustees, VPOs and a sponsor to help select new members for the different IVSC boards. Further communication will be available shortly asking for applications but if you would like to register your interest in a board role, please do contact us and we will make sure you are considered.
Thanks to everyone who participated, particularly those on the Advisory Forum, the Standards Board and the Professional Board and their respective chairmen - John Martin, Steve Sherman and Greg Forsythe - who dedicate a lot of time and energy to making the work of the IVSC a success.
View presentations from the AGM
Please click on the links below to download the presentations given at the 2015 AGM:
- European Union: Latest news on valuation, Leandro Escobar
- Overview of the International Finance Corporation, Ethiopis Tafara
- International Professional Standards, Greg Forsythe, Marianna Todorova, Mary Jane Andrews
- IVS 2016 – Standards Setting Process, Steve Sherman, Adam Smith, Alexander Aronsohn, Peter Melvin
- Business Valuation Infrastructure Initiative, Jeannette Koger, Dan Van Vleet, Ken Creighton
- Your IVSC – Proposed Approach, Sir David Tweedie, Nick Talbot
- IVSC VPO Engagement, John Martin