Many Valuation Professional Organisations throughout the world have adopted, or are working towards the adoption of IVS. In many instances, this involves updating their own proprietary standards to include the text of IVS, usually along with additional, specific rules and guidance for their professionally qualified valuers. In other cases, a VPO might simply use IVS as its de-facto valuation standard in the absence of existing local guidelines.
As adoption of IVS gathers pace in jurisdictions around the world, some of the many VPOs that have successfully completed the process have shared insights and guidance on how to go about it, through a series of case studies. The case studies explore how and why VPOs are adopting IVS as the basis of valuation for qualified professionals.
IVS Adoption Case Studies
- Australian Property Institute (API)
- Hong Kong Institte of Surveyors (HKIS)
- Netherlands Register Vastgoed Taxateurs (NRVT)
- Royal Institution of Surveyors (RICS)
- Saudi Authority for Accredited Valuers (Taqeem)