Despite the importance of intangible assets to the capital markets, only a small percentage are recognised on balance sheets. Although many current business models have evolved over recent decades to rely more heavily on intangible assets, the standards to report on such activity have not. As a result, the economics and the reporting standards have become misaligned.
The IVSC recently hosted a panel of international experts to discuss the consequences of this misalignment and explore opportunities to better align financial reporting standards with the role of intangible assets in the modern economy.
- Jeremy Stuber – Chair, Corporate Reporting Users’ Forum (CRUF UK)
- Chiara Del Prete – Chair, Technical Expert Group, European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG)
- Marc Goedhart – Senior Valuation Expert, McKinsey
- Henk Oosterhout – IVSC Business Valuation Board and MD, Duff & Phelps, A Kroll Business (Chair)
- Kevin Prall – IVSC Technical Director, Business Valuation