The International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC) is pleased to welcome seven new members to the organisation.
The new members were confirmed at the IVSC’s 2013 AGM in Tokyo on 9 November. They include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AIPCA)
- Institute of Valuers and Appraisers of Singapore (IVAS)
- The Bureau for Court Expertise (BCE), Republic of Macedonia
- The Appraisal Foundation, USA
- Leventhal School of Accounting, University of Southern California
- Ankara University, Real Estate Development Department, Turkey
- Institute of Chartered Valuers Bangladesh (admitted as a provisional member)
The growing membership of the IVSC indicates increasing recognition of the need for clarity and consistency in valuations globally, and shows the advancement of the IVSC as it promotes the use and rigorous application of the International Valuation Standards and supports the development of a strong professional infrastructure around valuation.
Sir David Tweedie, Chairman of the IVSC Board of Trustees, comments:
“Our members are greatly valued. Not only do they provide financial support but they play an integral part in achieving the IVSC’s vision, taking an active role in the organisation and ensuring standards are set which have global applicability and credibility.
In today’s uncertain financial world, the development of global valuation standards has never been more relevant. We are encouraged by the overwhelming number of leading organisations that share the belief that raising standards of international valuation practice benefits the capital markets, contributes to the growth of strong economies around the world and leads to improved confidence of investors and users of valuation services.”